We are currently working with a fantastic TV Production company that is looking for a Production Accountant for an initial 6 months contract. The role would very much suit someone who has been in and Assistant Production Accountant role and is looking to make that step up – full training will be provided.
Your main responsibility will be around cost reporting, reconciling, overseeing production floats/cash requirements, producing cost reports and a variety of other Production Accountant responsibilities.
The ideal next employee will have at least 2+ years in television as an Assistant Production Accountant role or similar.
- Producing all external cost reporting
- Monthly and weekly meetings with FC, Production Accountant and Head of Production to report and discuss all productions, highlighting any concerns and reporting on production variances
- Meet with Production Manager to report and discuss productions and their current status
- Reconciling cost managers to SUN accounts for all productions at set monthly intervals
- Raising purchase orders for all spend on the productions
- Reconciling open purchase order reports to Proactis purchase ordering system and work with staff to delete unnecessary open PO’s
- Overseeing production floats and cash requirements for productions
- Compile and check petty cash, expense and company credit card returns adhere to HMRC guidelines and company polices for posting into SUN
- Producing all twice monthly cost reports for client, including cost report summary, cost report by match, cost report top sheet, bank reconciliation, accrual breakdown, trial balance and system transaction listing
- Assist with monitoring of production accruals and deferrals on the balance sheet
- Working with Shared Finance Centre to ensure bank reconciliations are reviewed and tailored for clients needs
- Ensure all productions are complying to the Inland Revenue Film and Television Film industry guidelines
- Work with the finance team to ensure productions get the best financial support possible
- Knowledge of Film and Television industry guidelines
- Ability to take an overview of projects
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive approach to work
- Good time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage responsibilities
- Team Player
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.