Working for a well-known and established television Production company, this is a great opportunity to be part of a finance team that supports the making of some great television shows.
This position will report into the Head of Finance for the television production division and will support the Production Accountants in their daily finance duties. The role will be required to manage the Purchase Ledger/Expenses/Petty Cash, alongside assisting with the reporting and reconciling the month end balances.
To be a suitable candidate you will ideally have gained Accounts Payable experience from within a media business, television would certainly be an advantage. You will need to have excellent communication skills and a recognised ability to build excellent working relationships with non-financial, creative individuals.
- Prepare and post journals to ensure costs are reported correctly;
- Match, batch and code invoices, gain authorisation and forward for payment;
- Reconcile and prepare the petty cash claims, dispense for reimbursement and/or floats;
- Create POs and ensure they are verified and suppliers are set up correctly;
- Complete emergency cheque forms;
- Deal with external supplier queries;
- Reconcile and prepare monthly credit card claims;
- Ensure all production accounting paperwork is correctly filed;
- Raise sales invoices and chase outstanding debtors;
- Open production bank accounts and reconcile for close down at the end of the production.
- Reconcile each month end and manage settlements of the production intra-company balances;
- Reconcile the petty cash journey to the General Ledger balance on a monthly basis;
- Prepare monthly invoicing and cash receipt production reports;
- Prepare the monthly overhead cash flow.
- Previous Accounts experience, ideally gained from within a Television or Media business;
- Proven Purchase Ledger experience;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build excellent working relationships with non-finance individuals;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an adaptable approach and ability to understand other people’s points of view;
- Strong Excel skills, SAP would also be an advantage
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.