Working for an independently owned and continuously growing digital media /ecommerce business that has an international audience, this is a great position for someone who wants to be part of an entrepreneurial organisation. The company hosts a number of online platforms including social media and ecommerce and requires an individual with experience within these industries and therefore has a good understanding of online payments.
The company is looking for a recently qualified accountant who is looking to take on more responsibility and work in a role that for the right person will provide a progressive role. Reporting into the Group Financial Controller this Senior Management Accountant role will support two key business units alongside general corporate accounting and supporting junior members of the team.
You will be able to demonstrate a robust understanding of the revenue streams across the business whilst having a thorough understanding of the cost base.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who recently qualified with up to 3 years PQE and is looking to continue their accounting career within a growing media organisation.
To be successful you will ideally have gained your accounting experience within a digital media or ecommerce company
- Prepare the management accounts for the brands/group on a monthly basis;
- Assist with the monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Reconciliation of the revenues;
- Assist with weekly cashflow reporting
- Prepare the relevant tax returns, including VAT;
- Oversee/review the invoicing process of revenues across all brands;
- Manage the prepayments to ensure over delivery of campaigns is managed effectively;
- Analyse risks and opportunities across the revenue base to provide context to other areas of finance;
- Undertake ad hoc analysis for both the finance team and the business to explain detail behind revenues of the group;
- Continuously strive to implement new controls and procedures to drive efficiencies;
- Newly/Recently qualified with relevant experience(ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent);
- Experience of working within a digital media or ecommerce company or a similar organisation and be rehearsed at dealing with Account Management teams;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence others to ensure deadlines are met;
- Proven experience of mentoring junior members of staff;
- Self starter who is proactive in their approach to work and can demonstrate being an excellent team player;
- Good working knowledge of Excel and/or other planning and reporting tools;
- Analytically minded but with strong technical and reporting skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, thorough, methodical, logical with the ability to prioritise.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.